Last weekend saw Tri Alliance’s End of Season Party. Awards night so to speak of, was a great night lots of fun laughs and some serious awards. I was nominated for Best Tri Alliance Team Player , I didn’t win but was rapped to be nominated.
It made me think about the season gone and what I achieved I am wrapped with the season.
- Joining Tri Alliance one of the best group of people and coaches around. Everyone makes everyone welcome and training/racing fun
- First full sprint season completed. (7 Races)
- Completed a Duathlon (mini)
- First time every I’ve felt total comfortable in the Open Water from Racing and Training.
- At the start of the season I had just signed up for Noosa so I set a goal of sub 1hr 20min for a sprint. Well it took a few races (no swims for the first 2) but I got there!
- Purchased my first TT bike I got this cheap ’09 model, worth $2k I got it for $600 (bargain)
- Upgraded from Garmin from the 310xt to 910xt – 910 is the first true Multi-Sport Watch that does everything.
- Helping Tri-Alliance community – Helping out with TA Taj setups, packups, support to other team mates.
- First 1.4km open water swim
Not a bad in my books
So what’s ahead for 2012/2013 ?
- I’m half way through completing a run technique course with Tony Benson (Runner expert) – This is put on by TA and I’ve noticed a big difference
- Completed a week of Time Trials with TA (and got 5km below 25mins) – Wrapped with that
- Level 1 Tri Coaching. Yes I’m going to being a Triathlon Coach.
- Run Melbourne is my next event and it’s a Half Marathon (my first Half)
- Complete a Trail Run which I failed to complete
- Complete a Full Duathlon or two (practice for Noosa)
- Sandy Half (10km)
- Melbourne Marathon (10k)
- Noosa my first Olympic Tri every (and my first interstate event ever)
- Few Sprint Tri’s
Some Goals and events for Season 2013/2014 (yes) I’m thinking ahead)
Not much more to say other than time to get busy.