When Transition to FiveFingers they suggest the following as it will work out your plantar fascia, calf and achilles areas hard -:
- Wear them around the house for a couple of days then short walks - less than 30mins
- Start to increase the amount of time you wear them each day
- Start wearing them to the gym - avoid using them on the treadmill or high impact classes
- Give you feet some TLC in the evenings, get your thumbs into the sol of your foot and release the plantar fascia with some self massage to the arch of your foot.
- Rolling your bare foot over a golfball is a great way to help release the muscles
- If your feet are sore, give the 5's a rest for a day. It's a gradual process
- Continue as above
- Begin using the 5's for short runs on grass (1-2km) building distance up to 7-8km before trying harder surfaces
- When running on grass keep strides short, feet under hips and land on the balls of your feet. Keep you ankles soft and responsive
- Listen to your foot and progress accordingly.
Post a Comment